Friday, February 02, 2007

Disneyland 1956, Pt. 5: Fantasyland



Today is a trip to Fantasyland, specifically Storybook Land. I have zoomed in on the 1st shot so you can have a better look at the Storybook that used to be in front near Monstro and the Ticket Booth.



After your ride around Storybook Land, you may crave a little Tuna, so head on over to the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship (pre-Skull Rock days).



Today’s trip to Fantasyland ends with a very wide mural shot from November 1956—be sure to scroll to see the whole thing. It's purty darn cool, if I do say so myself.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Fantasyland photos at my main website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, any chance you can tell us what the 'red text' at the bottom of the storybook sign says? Inquiring minds need every detail!

Daveland said...

The middle section of this is really hard to make out; it appears to be a one paragraph description of Storybook Land; here are the words I can make out, with lines filling in the spots I can't:
line 1: ______ Special __
line 2:________________
line 3: Three Little Pigs Island, Geppetto’s Village,
line 4: Cinderella’s Castle, The 7 Dwarf’s Cottage,
line 5: and many other ______ dreams come true.

Peter VINCENT said...

Hey Dave,
That mural shot rocks! That would make a great poster in my office.
Regards
PV

Daveland said...

It's already on my list of "to-convert-to-adobe-illustrator" list of things to do...which is too damn long.

Adam Hazlett said...

Cool Shots! I love that Pirate ship! No Timmothy on Dumbo? I thought he was there from the start. Thanks for the nice comment, Dave!