Monday, February 19, 2007

Monsanto Home of the Future



After being removed about 40 years ago, the Home of the Future, in all its futuristic plastic glory has become somewhat of a pop culture icon. Here is an exterior shot from November 1959 and an interior view from the 1960’s. Even though the sign says “Home,” today it is mainly called the House of the Future, even on the Disney Shopping website, where they sell a miniature recreation of it.



This third piece of art is a 3D rendering by Tom Lundin, who has also done some other incredible Mid Century modelings as well.



For more Monsanto House of the Future photos, visit my regular website.

7 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Amazing, an interior shot from the House of the Future! I have one...I think. And it's not nearly so nice as this one.

Adam Hazlett said...

I love that future TV! now thats a big screen, or is that the telephone?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Very nice- interior pictures of the house are very scarce. Thanks for the glimpse inside.

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Thanks for the great interior & exterior shots - I collect House / Home of the Future memorabilia and always love seeing new or different angles.

Tom said...

Thanks Dave!

Like I said, I'll send the interior shots I received from the firm that created the HOF, in the near future!

Thanks again for the kind words!
- Tom

Anonymous said...

What did Disney do with the house after it was dismantled in 1967?

Daveland said...

Wish I knew, but have no idea what happened to the contents or the remnants of the exterior after the wrecking ball.