Friday, August 24, 2007

Main Street, undated



Today I will start posting a batch of larger size negs that are undated, but most likely late 60’s/early 70’s. The Keystone Kop was a nice touch to Main Street, and I don’t believe I’ve seen one in recent years. Here’s a view of the same area from 2006; can you believe I took a shot with a stroller in it? What was I thinking...



Here’s a Doublemint moment, as two Horse-Drawn Trolleys pass each other (control yourself, Amazon!).



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Main Street, U.S.A. photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I love the old pic of the Main Street Cinema. It looks like they used to have something more interesting than Steamboat Willie on a constant loop.

I have to laugh at the stroller in the updated pic. It was so loaded down with junk that it looked like it would fall apart if a child climbed in. I have to take a stroller to the park but it never looks like that.

Major Pepperidge said...

Next visit I am getting a stroller for myself...that's the way to navigate through Disneyland!

Matterhorn1959 said...

The second shot is nice with the Timex sign on the watch shop. This time period of Disneyland is not as well documented. It seems the photography craze of the 1950s and 1960s had disappeared and not many slides or even photographs were taken by people.