Monday, September 10, 2007

400th Post: Nature’s Wonderland & Rainbow Ridge



In celebration of my 400th post, I am doing a Rainbow Ridge/Nature’s Wonderland blowout, starting out with this July 1967 Pack Mule shot. The train tunnel is just barely out of frame on the right. Personally, I think it’s very cool when 2 or more attractions are that close to each other. Next up is a looooooong series from June 1964; I am presenting them in the order taken.















The town of Rainbow Ridge is still around today, but here’s how it looked in August 1958:



Compare with 20 years later in August, 1976:







Last shot for today is the Stagecoach thundering through the desert, July 1958.



See more vintage Disneyland Nature’s Wonderland photos at my main website.

7 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Dave- you are putting the rest of us to shame as slackers. Nice post.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Congratulations on the 400th post! I dig this 1964 set, I swear those old ladies in the mine-car are my Great Grandma and Great Aunts! Those glasses must have been standard issue for old ladies back then!

Keep up the great posts, your scans are exceptional - these scans are so clean it's amazing, and I know we all love your commentary as well! Thanks so much for all your hard work on this blog (400th!) and your Daveland Website.

Unknown said...

Congrats on 400 great posts!

For those of us that weren't, uh, even alive when some of your shots were taken, we really appreciate the effort and the time you spend on your blog and your site.

Let's look forward to 400 more!

Major Pepperidge said...

Many congratulations on your 400th post...that probably means you've shared around 4000 images!

Love these images of Rainbow Ridge...this is my #1 "most missed" attraction. #2 is Adventure Through Inner Space, but it's close

Chris said...

Great shots. Congrats on 400 posts.

Lainey Schallock said...

Happy 400th! These pictures are fantastic - can I just say how much I'm digging those three little old ladies in the mine car? Love it. I hope that's me and my two best friends in 40 years. Fantastic. But really, Thank you so much for keeping us all entertained with your fantastic looks back into the not so distant retro past of Disneyland. It's always a treat to see what you have up Dave.

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

D'oh! What a week to NOT be checking in on my favorite blogs! Congrats on your 400th Dave! And here's to another 400 or MORE!

I'm still loving anything and everything related to Nature's Wonderland & The Monsanto House/Home of the Future.