Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Daveland Fave Decade: The 1960’s, Pt. 2



Just got back from Memphis yesterday; had a fantastic time of good food, good music, and of course a trip to Graceland. More on my trip when I catch my breath! Meanwhile, it’s time to journey back to April 26, 1967 again with part 2 of yesterday’s post. Our group has now entered the park and is enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of Main Street. Nothing like walking by the Candy Kitchen and getting a whiff of what they are whipping up there.

Or perhaps your favorite treat is a bag of popcorn or a frozen treat from the vendors at Central Plaza.



As most of my readers know, it’s difficult for me to walk by The Plaza Inn without stopping in for their famous Fried Chicken or Caramel Apple Pie! Just makes my arteries constrict thinking about it.



Let’s zoom in and see what’s on the menu:





What???? Stuffed BAKED Chicken! Get me outta’ here...I want it deep friend. Let’s keep moving ahead.

As we glide by in our Horse-Drawn Streetcar (which occasionally provides a scent of its own!), we can see the Monsanto House of the Future is still standing, imminently awaiting the wrecking ball.



Here’s an up-close-and-personal look at our boisterous group!



We’ll continue this one in a few days—stay tuned! See more Disneyland photos at my website.

3 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

I always like the pictures with the ice cream vendors. Don't really know why, but it just brings it home for me. Thanks.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat tour Dave, I love it! Something about that simple menu sign, I miss those days. Now it would be all fancy with Dream Clouds and Pixie dust!

Glad to hear you had fun in Memphis, isn't Graceland super?

Major Pepperidge said...

I heard that the wrecking ball just bounced off of the House of the Future, so they used an atomic bomb instead.