Friday, March 19, 2010

Freaky Fridays @ The Haunted Mansion: Hitchhiking Ghosts



Phineas, Ezra, and Gus are the infamous Hitchhiking Ghosts. Featured on the promo poster and many collectibles, they are definitely iconic when it comes to this attraction. They are also something I look forward to seeing each time I ride through. Ezra (the middle one) is also one of the closest links to the Hatbox Ghost...practically a twin!









This blurry November 1978 shot shows you where these fellows got their name:



And a few recent shots to finish up this tribute to the iconic trio:







And on a very sad note, Disney Legend Fess Parker will be sorely missed by all of his fans.



See more Disneyland Haunted Mansion photos at my Haunted Mansion web page.

3 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I love the hitchhiking ghosts! I get to go see them next week!

TokyoMagic! said...

I have wondered for sometime now why they took out the eyeballs of the guy on the far left (Phineas?) They have been missing for years.

Major Pepperidge said...

One of the best parts of the Mansion is trying to predict which ghost will be in your Doombuggy!