Monday, May 03, 2010

July 1965 @ Disneyland, Pt. 4



Here we are in the heart of Tomorrowland, July 1965. Douglas is in, TWA is out. For all you Cox fans, here’s a closeup of the Flight Circle; for you non-Cox people, just check out the fun 60’s fashions instead:



There’s something about the original blue Monorail that I just love even more than the Red one.



Look how happy that guest is to be in the cone!



Down below, we have the Triton about to submerge beneath the falls of the Submarine Voyage:



And a blurry view through the porthole:



See more Disneyland photos at my website.

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That Douglas Moonliner shot is about as good as it gets! Thanks for the huge enlargement. I really do like to "people watch" when looking at exceptional old slides!

Matterhorn1959 said...

The gentleman in the nose cone of the Monorail is quite the happy fellow. Of course to ride in the nose cone is quite a thrill.

Thufer said...

Not sure why, but I somewhat prefer the 'Douglas Moonliner' to the TWA. Odd, but I do like the line better.
Monorail blue looks so sleek and tomorrow-ish! Riding in the bubble is a experience I never had. Would have been glorious I'm sure.
and; I'm excited; say it with me:
GRAY....... Yes, love the Gray.
Thanks for another excellent post.

Katella Gate said...

Interesting. That's a very happy monorail crew. Mr. Nosecone, Mr. Bubble, and Mr. and Mrs Front Compartment are all looking backwards and smiling.

I'll bet the Mermaids are out today.

Naked.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

That blue sky looks edible! Have to agree with Thufer, the "Douglas" blue rocket looks pretty darn sleek, I like it better than the TWA version.

stu29573 said...

Nope, I still gotta go with the TWA...Douglas is better than nothing though...