Tuesday, May 03, 2011

1974 B&W, Pt. 2



Let’s ride the Monorail into the park so that we can enjoy the transportation of the past. I am often torn when I enter the park; I don't want to miss any details, so walking down Main Street is usually my first choice. However, there are times I really want to ride the Horse-Drawn Streetcar…



…or get a birds-eye view from the Omnibus. Oh the dilemmas of all these choices!





I especially like this one because of being able to see all of the advertisements inside the Streetcar:



What was that old saying about two Horse-Drawn Streetcars passing in the night?



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

7 comments:

Thufer said...

Such decisions! Part of the fun. I vote top of the omnibus but will go along with everyone else.

Connie Moreno said...

Holy cow, I don't think I've ever taken a ride on the streetcar! I used to stretch out on one for a quick break backstage when I worked nights but that's about it, LOL! Those long nights standing were murder on my knee.

Melissa said...

"What was that old saying about two Horse-Drawn Streetcars passing in the night?"

Don;t walk behind them without a shovel?

TokyoMagic! said...

Hey Dave, a couple days ago, I posted home video from 1997 of riding on the top of the Omnibus. Unfortunately, Mike Cozart informed me that the Omnibuses at DL today are no longer the originals. Sad!

Daveland said...

Chris - Can't say I'm surprised. When was the last time you knew of a car that lasted 50 years? Ha!

Melissa - Good one!

Connie - how cool to nap on an Omnibus!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Love these crystal clear B & W shots - so much detail! Thanks for this series.

JG said...

Dave, my truck will be 50 in two years - 2013, still starts every time.

Thufer, my friend, I will sit on top of the omnibus, if we can ride together.

JG