Saturday, February 18, 2012

Screen Gem Saturdays: Ann-Margret



Born Ann-Margret Olsson, she has always been a have of mine. With the perfect combination of innocence and sexuality, Ann-Margret can also back up her looks with a ton-o-talent. Her role in the 1963 film "Bye Bye Birdie" launched her career, which has included a few Oscar nominations along the way.



One of my favorite Ann-Margret movies is the made-for-TV drama "The Two Mrs. Grenvilles," based on a novel by Dominick Dunne.



Pitting her against veteran actress Claudette Colbert, Ann-Margret more than held her own as the showgirl who just doesn't quite fit into New York Society.





And on top of all that, Men's Health Magazine voted her #28 in the top 100 Hottest Women of All Time. Who could argue with that? Although I have to wonder how Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian, and Britney Spears placed ahead of her.

See more vintage & current Classic Movie & TV star photos on my Classic Movie & TV star web page.

2 comments:

Mike, Studio City said...

I love Ann also. In the mid '70's I went to the premier of 'Tommy'. There were many stars there but she was the one I was thrilled to see. The movie sucked but she was the best thing about it.

Major Pepperidge said...

People's memories are short, that's why Ann is only #28! I always thought it was "Ann Margret", without the hyphen.