Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dude, Where's My Gurrmobile?



This post shows my earliest shot of the Carnation Gurrmobile (named for genius mechanical designer Bob Gurr) from December 1955 in its well-known position outside the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor on West Center Street.

Moving ahead 26 years, the Gurrmobile finds itself across the way further down the street outside of the Plaza Inn, circa March 1981. Previously, my latest photos of the truck were from the 1970's. Nice to know it hung around at least a decade later before it was shipped off to the state of Washington.



See more vintage & current Disneyland Plaza Inn photos on my main website.

2 comments:

Hugs said...

I loooooooooovvvveee this picture!

MRaymond said...

I think every kid in California has a picture of themselves sitting in this car or in front of the floral Mickey. I have both.