Monday, October 27, 2014

Back to Buena Vista Street



If you're like me, you can't get enough of the Red Car Trolley that runs up and down Disney California Adventure's Buena Vista Street. The feeling of movement it adds has made for a huge improvement to the entrance area of DCA. The Buena Vista side of the Trolley can be seen above.

The Hollywood side can be seen in the photo below (which I never noticed until posting these photos!):



Our trip down the street begins with a stop in the Los Feliz Five and Dime.



Personally, I find the props in the shop much more interesting than the merchandise for sale.





It was too early for Clarabelle's, but the perfect time to snap some photos sans guests.





A panorama shot of the entrance to the Elias & Co. department store:



The terrazzo tile entrance is a very authentic detail. In real cities, many of these remain while the original stores they proclaim have changed.



The Trolley Treats exterior:



Even though the Fiddler Fifer and Practical Cafe is large, the warm interior makes it feel very cozy:



As do the vintage-style posters and photos:









Besides the Trolley, the characters of Buena Vista Street also add to the charm. I was fortunate to get to see Oswald the Rabbit, who recently made his debut in the park:



This particular Officer Blue is my favorite; he looks like he stepped out of the 1920's.



Two of Goofy looking dapper in his Five and Dime outfit:





Last one for today shows Dale, of Chip 'n Dale fame:



See more Daveland Buena Vista at Disney California Adventure photos at my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

I loved Cars Land and it met my expectations, but Buena Vista Street just blew me away. I love the Red Car and have ridden it both ways several times. Nice post today. Thanks, Dave.