Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Chicken of the Sea Mayhem!



At first glance, this 1958 color image looks like your basic shot of the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship taken from a Skyway bucket. You can just see the interior rim of the bucket.

My inclination for a zoom was to focus on the Fantasyland Train Depot. Matching the Medieval Tournament Faire look of Fantasyland, this is a very cute themed structure.



As I began to crop the image, I noticed something even more interesting. Note the little boy at right scaling the rigging of the ship, and the guests on the left staring in shock. It would appear that the hands of his parents are attempting to bring him back down.



Hopefully a mishap was avoided, otherwise, I'm sure it would still be talked about today!

See more Daveland vintage & current Disneyland Chicken of the Sea photos at my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

I love all the fence railings with the pointy top trim. Great way to keep guests from sitting on the top, thus reducing wear and tear on the fences.

Maybe those are the hands of his friend holding the rigging firmly so the kid can scale it more easily. Kids is kids!