Thursday, January 15, 2015

Disneyland Entrance Movie Posters



Once again, one vintage slide has produced a variety of unexpected tangents for me. Even though this image is undated, I am pretty durn sure it's from 1965. How do I know that? Just check out the movie posters that are on display at the Disneyland Ticket Booth:



Houston, we have a match, and it's “Mary Poppins”!



Unfortunately, I could not find a better shot of the Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color poster, but…in this previously posted July 1966 image:



a zoom-in provides a little bit of improvement:



The other movie poster in this 1966 image is for "The Ugly Dachshund," a somewhat forgotten Disney flick starring Dean Jones and Suzanne Pleshette.



Are you wanting more? Of course you are; you're only human…at least I hope you are. Gather up your "E" tickets and visit my main website to see more Disneyland entrance and exit photos.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

You've been finding some unusually good ones lately. Professor Ludwig Von Drake from Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color was definitely a part of my childhood. I remember him along with Marlin Perkins from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom which also aired around the mid-1960's on Sunday evenings. Nice stuff. Thanks, Dave.