Wednesday, May 20, 2015

60th Anniversary Trip, Pt. 6: DCA



Welcome to Disney California Adventure's Buena Vista Street. I am SOOOO glad they redid this entry area. I could spend days here photographing the architecture and details.



Speaking of photographs; anybody seen this newfangled invention called a camera? Kudos to Disney for keeping the characters out on Buena Vista Street.



Speaking of characters, we ran into Atomic Redhead and Patrick again. Be sure to check out their blog.



You've heard me rave about the Red Car Trolley before, so I'll refrain from doing so again.





Zooming in, you can see how this anachronous guest broke the wall of my vintage surroundings.



At the time of my visit, construction workers were attempting to get the expanded Grizzly Peak Airfield finished in time for the May 15th opening. Bye bye Condor Flats!



Smokejumpers Grill was already open for biz.



I can't compare it to Taste Pilots Grill, the previous incarnation, since I never ate there either.





The Five and Dime musical group (a Daveland fave) was out engaging nearby guests with their singing and dancing.







The Carthay Circle Restaurant was just beginning to get its 60th Anniversary bedazzlement.



I had never noticed these markings on the curb before. Fantastic!





As an addendum to yesterday's post, here's a "vintage" shot of the 3 leftovers (Max, Buff, and Melvin) from the Country Bear Jamboree that (as far as I know) are still hidden in the Pooh attraction:



Next up: Stepping inside for lunch at the Carthay Circle Restaurant.

See more Disney California Adventure photos on my main website.

1 comment:

Fifthrider said...

I know I never get tired of hearing about the trolley or the 1920's theme. It really was a welcomed change. I used to joke that DCA felt a lot like Knotts is/was and now that I think about it they used to have a Roaring 20's area as well. ( Not done as well as DCA's facelift, to be sure. ) That guy by the trolley looks kind of dangerous so congrats on getting the picture in one piece. I only ate at Taste Pilot's once. It was "okay" but had a larger menu than this. Still, quality over quantity, as long as the food's okay. My best to TDA on how they retheme that area.