Wednesday, November 18, 2015

More Matterhorn Details



This first November 1967 image of the Matterhorn is great because it shows the Christmas Star perched high atop the peak of Walt's Mountain.

The previous shot taken by our vintage photographer is much better, as there are no Skyway wires obliterating our view.



How about a closer look at the Star? Looks like some kind of crazy Spy Satellite!



and let's not shortchange the Richfield Eagle, watching over the Autopia:



More vintage & current Disneyland photos over at my main website.

3 comments:

MRaymond said...

I had a flashback. I could see myself walking right into that picture. Great views today.

K. Martinez said...

I love the Matterhorn peak with all its frosty goodness and of course the Christmas Star atop the Matterhorn. I heard rumor that they were going to bring it back this year. Apparently it was just a rumor. I love the red accents on the star with the red Skyway gondolas below. Thanks, Dave.

Unknown said...

Nice Matterhorn shots the last two days, Dave. Thanks, as always.

I remember not liking the Christmas star as a kid. I have no idea why I felt that way. I see it now as a clever design that can be viewed from all aspects with a similar look. Ah, kids...