Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Back to Savannah, Pt. 1



Once again, I made the trek back to my very favorite Southern city, Savannah, Georgia. It had been almost a year since my last visit (how time flies as you get older), and I was excited to be back at my favorite B&B, The Hamilton-Turner Inn.

I stayed in the James Oglethorpe Suite, which afforded a beautiful view over Lafayette Square.



The recently remodeled bathroom was out of this world. Just take a gander at that tub!



The room itself was beautifully appointed and spacious:



After my red-eye flight, I had important matters to attend to, namely lunch at the nearby Firefly Cafe on Troup Square.



This is one of my favorite quiet little spots in Savannah where you can get a good meal:



while admiring the art on the walls, like this painting by James Dean called "Pete & Gracie".



It is based on a statue/gravesite in nearby Bonaventure Cemetery:



Two scoops of my favorite ice cream, Tutti Frutti at Leopold's, made me feel like I was home again.



More Savannah photos at my main website.

4 comments:

K. Martinez said...

You're not kidding that time flies as you get older. The cycles of each year start to accelerate at an alarming rate. Too fast for me.

I love the tub. Very cool! While the room looks beautiful, the furniture doesn't look very comfortable. Was it?

For some reason, the Gracie statue reminds me of the TV movie "Daughter of the Mind" starring Ida Lupino .

So what exactly is in that bagel sandwich? It is beautifully photographed.

It's always a joy to see your trips outside the Disney realm. Thanks, Dave.

Fifthrider said...

I hope the new Imagineers never redesign Savannah like they did NOS. That painting of Pete and Gracey actually made me a little sad. At least the cat knows a worthy lap when he sees one.

Daveland said...

Ken - It's their chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, which was buttery and delicious!

Fifthrider - Yes, lets keep Imagineers out of Savannah. Please!

K. Martinez said...

I thought it was. I assume those are apple slices added then. It does look very delicious!