Friday, February 19, 2016

Back to Savannah, Pt. 3



One of the things I was most excited about on my re-visit to Savannah was dining at The Grey. Located in a converted Greyhound Bus Station, this restaurant is by far Savannah's most hip and happening haunt. I was fortunate to be able to meet owner John Morisano and the Grey's talented Chef, Mashama Bailey, who were unwinding with dinner after a long day at the restaurant.



My dinner was out of this world. The chicken was so flavorful.



Yams that melted in my mouth.



Did somebody mention sweet potato pie? I am ready to return.



The interior is right up my alley, as the renovation/restoration was done lovingly with attention to every vintage detail.







One of the highlights of my experience at The Grey was meeting this Harry Met Sally-esque couple, who proclaimed that their first date was a disaster but had morphed into the perfect relationship of being besties. He was in Savannah for a few weeks; she was up for the weekend. Something told me that despite the story, he was holding out hope for more than just a bestie. I didn't run into them again, so I have no idea how the evening turned out; I only know that the room they shared at The Westin had just one King-sized bed.



You do the math.

More The Grey Restaurant in Savannah photos at my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

The chicken and yams look incredibly delicious! That's my kind of food. On top of that the restaurant looks wonderful Thanks, Dave.