Wednesday, March 01, 2017

The Pasea Hotel in Huntington Beach



On my first trip to Huntington Beach, I stayed at the Pasea Hotel, located just steps away from the beach and pier. Less than a year old, the property gets two thumbs up. Hip and catering to the Surf City culture for which Huntington Beach is known, it makes for a great place to kick back and relax.



The lobby has this interesting piece created out of flip-flops:



A closer look:



The pool was fantastic for my morning swim, and you can't beat a pink flamingo for a flotation device!



The fitness center was huge, albeit deserted. More than adequate for a hotel gym.



The room was spacious, clean, and well appointed:



including a guitar in the living room:



I love little touches like this:



Of course what you really are staying here for is the view. Yowza.



You would have a hard time finding a more spectacular place to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean (or a better looking couple to photograph):



I also recommend the in-house restaurant, Tanner's.



I had great service...



a tasty entrée...



and a dessert that definitely meant I was doing laps in the morning.



My only snafu during the visit was the bill. If you stay here, take a close look at every charge. I was overbilled by a substantial amount. On the plus side, accounting had it taken care of shortly after my phone call.

More Pasea Hotel photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take that view over my snow filled pasture right now! KS