Thursday, June 08, 2017

Frank Lloyd Wright 150th Birthday Tribute



I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that today is the 150th birthday of architect supreme Frank Lloyd Wright. His design aesthetic shaped my tastes and his innovative creations continue to inspire. Today's post features a brief glimpse of the FLW structures I have been able to see over the years, starting with his Studio in Oak Park, Illinois.

Taliesen West in Arizona:



Woodside in Marion, Indiana:



The Robie House in Chicago:



The Millard House in Los Angeles:



The Guggenheim Museum in New York City:



The Samuel Freeman House in Hollywood:



The Ennis House in Hollywood:



The Hollyhock House in East Hollywood:



Wow...and that's only a small portion of this man's genius.

More Frank Lloyd Wright at my main website.

No comments: