Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Early Fantasyland



Here are 2 early ones from Fantasyland; based upon some of the other slides, these are most likely 1955/1956. First we see Dumbo in action, back when his ears actually moved. Shot 2 is over at the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship, with a wicked stroller barely peeking out on the left, and the Battle of the Butts on the right. This must be an early shot, due to the chicken wire fencing that I see. Dig that way cool footwear on the gent holding the child!



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Timothy hasn't taken up residence on top of the Dumbo ride yet!

Great color on these slides....

Anonymous said...

Nice rich color on these babies! I love the Guys shoes, where can I get a pair of those??? Ultra-cool pants patern on the lady on the left! I also notice a what appears to be a empty box of Marlboro Reds on the ground with some other trash!

Did you ever notice the trash on the ground in the early photos? I guess Walt didn't crack down on that until after the first year or two...

Tim

Matterhorn1959 said...

I want to know where the dad is? The photo looks like Mom, Son, Grandmother and Grandfather!

Anonymous said...

Matterhorn - Dad's got the camera, of course!