Wednesday, August 08, 2007

HOF Interior and Miss Piggy



I know, I know...they’re dark and the color sucks, but I’m posting ’em anyway. Interior shots of the Monsanto House of the Future are so rare that I thought I’d show these despite the fact that they are not the best of quality. These are both from July 1961...and presented in genuine FauxD©!


This exterior shot is from approximately 1957/58:



On a totally different note...The Muppet Show Season 2 has been released on DVD. I had forgotten the stellar guest stars that the show had, and even after all these years it is still entertaining. Just enough sly humor for adults to enjoy as well as the kiddies. There is an especially dark humored interview with the Muppets in the special features section where they discuss Jim Henson.

For more vintage Monsanto House of the Future photos, visit my regular website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, thanks for all the fun pics you find and post. No need to apologize for poor photos - I love to see them anyway! I love your fabulous collection of photos. Brightens my day!

Steve Tanner at Magical Trash said...

Anything inside the HOF is good with me!

Major Pepperidge said...

Yes, those interiors are unbelievable. I've never found ONE, and you have what, three or four? The second one actually looks pretty cozy.

I have some slides that are just too far gone for color correction, sometimes they make decent black and white images though. Have you ever tried that?

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does the furniture in there look like it came from Ikea?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Great interior shots. I have a couple of dark images that I can not even make out what the photographer was shooting.