Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More Town Square



Just when you thought you were done with Town Square, this brilliant (but undated) image pops up on my blog. Aren’t these two gals a pair and a half? Slide 2 is from July 1961, and it appears that the poor horse is wearing a rather unfortunate looking hat. As if carting guests around all day wasn’t bad enough...



This shot was taken from the steps of the Main Street Station, circa August 3, 1959. I have also included a detailed view of the Bekins area. Apparently attraction posters used to go in this area as well.





See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Town Square photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I've seen the hats on the horses before...I've always wondered if it was supposed to be a reference to the Disney animated film, "Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet". Two hats fall in love...they are separated, and are eventually reunited when an iceman puts them on his horses.