Monday, September 03, 2007

Magnolia Park Bandstand & DL Updates



The Disneyland Band is sure packin' ’em in at the Adventureland Magnolia Park Bandstand. Meanwhile, back to the present, I finished my first half marathon yesterday. At about mile 10, I thought I was a goner; the heat in Anaheim was terrible. However, I knew this would be my one and only half marathon, and I couldn’t be a quitter; somehow, I made it over the finish line in 2 hours and 15 minutes. Here’s an after race pic of Minnie & I at the Plaza Inn where I celebrated with a breakfast buffet oinkfest.



Moving back to things that concern Disneyland Blog readers: Here are the most recent construction pics of Toy Story Mania in California Adventure, as well as the posters on the walls surrounding the project:











River Belle Terrace construction sign:



A “celebrity” sighting while waiting in line for the Monorail: “Desperate Housewives” child star Zane Huett was also there with his family and probably talking to his agent:





Not sure what’s going on with POTC; seems they’re making some changes or doing a little repair: Barbossa’s head scarf is now more prominent than before—compare a few months ago vs. today:





The most striking (and sad) difference was the absence of the Hat Thief with one foot on the dock and one in the boat; hopefully he is missing temporarily and not permanently. That’s it for today, folks. Check out more Disneyland photos on my regular website.

5 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Congratulations on finishing your half marathon. I am sure the heat wave was a surprise to many people.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, a half marathon would be hard enough, and then you got stuck with 100 degree weather. Arg! But you finished, which is a great accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dave,
Love you site, and check it every day. I have not seen any pics of the short lived "Babes in Toyland" walk-through that occupied the Opera house just before "Great Moments with Lincoln" came from the World's Fair. The Town Square photo titled "March 1964" you can see a red and white striped guard house in front, which (I think) was part of the toy solder theme.
I remember walking through, and the trees would jump out at you. (Poor cast member that had to stand in the rubber tree all day.) AND, I think that's where to toy solders came from in the first main street parade.

Daveland said...

Hey Cox Pilot - Many thanks for posting all of your info from your days at Disneyland. Always adds a great perspective to newbies like me!

Tinker Bell said...

Go you! I'm impressed! I couldn't do that in that heat!