Thursday, September 13, 2007

Town Square Duo



The same strapping lads that were posing by the Moonliner yesterday were also coerced to stand next to the Horse-Drawn Trolley. They look like they’d rather be eating ice cream out of the cart in front of the Opera House instead. While in Town Square, I will throw in this November 1957 shot of President Harry Truman. Apparently, sour-puss wife Bess didn’t get the joke.



For Major, here’s the detail shot from yesterday that I promised, showing the Thimble Drome Flags/Banners:



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Moonliner photos on my main website.

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

She was tired of all the paparazzi taking her picture every where she went!

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks for the closeup of the banners!

Poor Bess, I'm sure she was a nice lady...but the camera didn't love her.

Gavin Elster said...

Those strapping young men were wearing flip-flops! Why does that crack me up?