Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Disneyland Trip, Undated, Pt. 2



Part 2 of our undated series starts off with this view of the Autopia and Matterhorn, with the Skyway plugging along in the background. In shot #2, you can practically hear the “All aboard!” I believe this shot is from the Tomorrowland Depot.



Photo #3 gives us a glimpse of the Chicken Plantation as well as a number of guests enjoying a little fishing on the Rivers of America...today, I’d be afraid to catch and eat anything that swam in those murky waters!



Last one for today is of Fowler’s Harbor, with a Keelboat and the Columbia in sight.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

The first shot's one you can't get anymore because of how the trees have grown up in the past fifty years. (Amazing, huh?) (Well, that and the Fantasyland Autopia and Skyway are gone, of course!) Someone with more knowledge than I on the Autopia car bodies might be able to place the date better... definitely before 1962ish, when the Matterhorn got whitened and the Chicken Plantation was removed.

Major Pepperidge said...

Ha ha, I never thought about it, but SOMEBODY must have taken their fish home to eat (in spite of the stories that they all wound up in the trash cans smelling up the place). I don't think I would want to eat one either!

Unknown said...

Great shots. I love how the sky looks in these photos.

CoxPilot said...

Grrrreat shots! The colors on the autopia cars. It looks like the paint jobs, and the design of the cars might place the pic at about 1960, but I'm not sure