Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fantasyland, October 1968



Today I am posting some other images from yesterday’s Mary Blair post, all stamped October 1968. I have to give props to the photographer, who seemed to have a nice eye for composition. I especially like these 3 shots of the Castle, and the fact that he caught Pooh just entering the Plaza. These 3 shots definitely show the color change that occurred for the 50th and still remains.





Here’s one from 2006:



While we’re near Fantasyland, might as well toss in 2 from small world:





...and a very nice one of the Matterhorn:



See more vintage and current Disneyland Tomorrowland photos at my website.

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I agree, great photographer! What in the heck have they done to the colors on the Castle? It looks cheap now. That’s a dramatic “before & after”…

I miss the dark blue slurry that was all over the pavement, it almost matches the sky in the It’s a Small World picture! THANKS DAVE!

Major Pepperidge said...

You have been outdoing yourself lately Dave (and that's saying something), these are gorgeous pictures!

Unknown said...

The difference in the Castle colors are amazing.

BTW, now I *can't* get that song outta my head!