Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Disneyland, July 28, 1958, Pt. 4



Today our July 28, 1959 series shifts over to the wilds of Adventureland! The Amazon Belle is ready to take you on a thrilling excursion of The Jungle Cruise (hope we get a good skipper).



Gators and snakes...get me outta' here!



A rare front shot of the backside of water:



A zebra that is either gone or shifted around; couldn't tell you where this is located:



Everybody loves the hippos...almost as much as they love taking pics of the castle and Main Street Train Station:





Personally, I prefer the natives!



Today's Disneyland doesn't hold the franchise on gift shops at the end of an attraction! Here, frenzied guests (worked up from their Jungle Cruise adventure) are blowing their hard earned paychecks at the Tiki's Tropical Imports shop:



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Am I the only person who was amazed by that photo of the zebra? In spite of the 4 zillion Jungle Cruise photos that I have looked at, I honestly don't remember ever seeing that fella before.

Connie Moreno said...

My eyes are bleeding after looking at the Skipper's shirt in photo #2...but not before I noticed the platter of fruit. What's up with that???