Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Disneyland, Summer of '63: Tomorrowland, Pt. 1



Let's spend hump day in Tomorrowland! I am guessing that this first shot was taken at the Tomorrowland Art Corner. The artist seems to be doing a pretty good job so far.

Shot #2 is a mystery; interior of the Monorail? A Disneyland Train? Help!



These two shots from the same batch are definitely interior shots of the Monorail; note the Douglas Moonliner outside of the window.



Digging the souvenir hat on the little boy!



More Summer 1963 black and white goodies tomorrow!

See more vintage & current Daveland Disneyland Tomorrowland photos on my main website.

6 comments:

Fifthrider said...

The bench-seat configuration on the mystery shot implies a ride and yet the size and shape of the background architecture implies a building. I've never seen pics of the train to have wood paneling like that. Both the monorail and train had enough curves by the window that they were never that squared off. Looking at the reflection of light in both seat-top railings I see the reflection of a fairly sizable window on the opposite side of the room shining in. If a ride, I'll guess at train but I've never seen those seats on any config of any DL&SF rail car.

Major Pepperidge said...

Dave, I am reasonably sure that the mystery train photo is from Knott's Berry Farm. I have one interior shot of a Knott's train from 1967 and it has the same type of seats.

Darryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darryl said...

Hey...is that Tom Hanks in the last photo...or is it a young Kevin Costner?

K. Martinez said...

I love that souvenir hat in the last photo. So cool! Glad to hear there are more black & white goodies coming tomorrow. Thanks, Dave.

Daveland said...

I believe the mystery shot is from Knotts; some other consecutive shots that I thought might be the Indian Village are most likely Knotts, too.