Thursday, June 19, 2014

Comments and more Wax



A little over a week ago, all of the "old" comments on my blog disappeared and only those on Google+ could leave one of their own. I started getting private emails about the situation and immediately looked into it. After about a week of internet searching, I learned what buttons needed to be clicked through blogger to restore the old comments. What a pain in the #$%. It was through this issue that I learned google/blogger sucks when it comes to finding a place to email or call with questions. Back to my regularly scheduled programming, and apologies for the frustration any of you might have experienced. Trust me…I felt your pain!

Back at the Movieland Wax Museum, we join the "Gone with the Wind" diorama. Clark Gable as Rhett Butler is front and center, with Mammy (Hattie McDaniel) in the background.



The Vivien Leigh statue is somewhat of a miss for me; for some reason, she really seems to be a difficult likeness to capture.



Even though she wanted to be alone, Greta Garbo was paired up at the museum with frequent costar and paramour, John Gilbert:



It took two photos for our January 1972 photographer to capture the entire "Wizard of Oz" diorama:



Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion is all alone.



OK readers; let's leave those comments and show that my hard work was not in vain!

See more Daveland Movieland Wax Museum photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Fifthrider said...

I love the "Constant Comment" pic, well done. Congrats on getting it all fixed! ( ..and yes, some of those Wax Museum figs had faces of dubious likeness. ) It's weird to see how they changed over time, as if there was some hidden story about the time an employee knocked over (figure name) and then uprighted it and tried to smooth the face back into shape or something.

CoxPilot said...

Only went to MWM one time in the mid-70s, & found it dull. Very few of the likeness were even close. But, love the cars museum near by. Great fun to see the pics though.

Lizzy Tex Borden said...

I thought that Dorothy's gingham dress was blue in The Wizard of Oz.

I did love my visits to the wax museum. On one visit the "falling over" Keystone Cop almost gave my cousin a heart attack. It was awesome.