Friday, June 27, 2014

Down in New Orleans, June 1969



Two vintage images of New Orleans today, beginning with this June 1969 shot of Toulouse Street.

Anybody care for some international cuisine at Dan's? According to the sign, you enjoy a delicious Chinese Feast or Japanese Imperial Dinner until 2am!



Across the street is The Dungeon, which had recently opened when this photo was taken. It was a private key club until 1988. I can only imagine what went on inside. Probably best that way.



If you're getting overheated today, a nice slice of ice cold watermelon probably sounds good!



See more Daveland vintage New Orleans photos at my main website.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I love the image of the fruit stand with the red delivery truck. Now I want some ice cold watermelon.

Jose said...

Re The Dungeon being a "key club" ...I recall going there in the late seventies and early eighties and membership was not required. I think there may have been a $1 cover charge...it was always full...and the soundsystem turned up to highest volume so that the walls seemed to shake...the sounds of Judas Priest still take me back there....