Monday, February 22, 2016

Back to Savannah, Pt. 4



Despite the warnings about increased criminal activity, I took my time walking home after dinner. It was a quiet night that was perfect for taking a little extra time to capture some long exposure evening shots, such as these two on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Both of these buildings are run by the Savannah College of Art and Design, aka SCAD.



These ghosts of terrazzo tile intrigue me each time I see them, giving clues as to the retailers that once occupied these shops.



Levy's Jewelers sparkles at night with their ever-changing colored spotlights.



The Marshall House Hotel:



At the SCAD Library, this fly sculpture forever hangs upside down.



The SCAD Trustees Theatre:



It didn't matter that I'd already had dessert at The Grey; I was drawn into Leopold's Ice Cream.





This time, I tried the Ginger Ice Cream, which has become a new favorite.



Back on the road home, I continued to shoot photos, despite my belly being full of Ginger Ice Cream. The Owens Thomas House:



Colonial Park Cemetery. If only they didn't lock the gate at night.



I once dreamed of this vintage building and its condos on Lafayette Square being my retirement home. Until I got a look at the units inside.



The Flannery O'Connor childhood home:



Finally, back home to the Hamilton-Turner Inn. Another great day in Savannah closes.



More Savannah photos at my main website.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

I like the Flannery O'Conner childhood home image. Beautiful nighttime photography on all of these. Thanks, Dave.