Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sax on a Tuesday



Today you get a double-shot of the Keystone Kops at Disneyland, best known for entertaining the guests with their saxophones. First image is from March 1958, showing two Kops entering Central Plaza with the Tomorrowland entrance behind them.



Seven years later they're still at it in this May 1965 image:



I see a tenor and baritone and one alto sax; can't tell what the partially hidden Kop is playing.



More vintage (and current) Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

In all the years I've gone to Disneyland I don't ever remember seeing the Keystone Cops/Sax Quartet. I always remember seeing the Dapper Dans, but not these guys and I'm sure I've walked right by them and not noticed. Next trip I'm going to consciously be on the lookout for these guys. Nice set today. Thanks, Dave.

Fifthrider said...

I haven't seen the Qop quartet since the 70's. I don't think they've been members of any Main Street lineup for some time now.

K. Martinez said...

@Fifthrider - perhaps that explains why I don't remember seeing them.