Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Art at The Met, Pt. 2



Let's get right to the paintings at the Met, beginning with a portrait of Arabella Worsham by Alexandre Cabanel. You can view her 1881 dressing room at The Met, too:



But enough of that. Back to the paintings. A Self-Portrait by Rembrandt van Rijn:



Sure, it's odd, but I loved this Laughing Fool by a Netherlandish Painter:



Allegory of the Catholic Faith by Johannes Vermeer:



I am a sucker for Vermeer. The abundance of detail is right up my alley:



Another Vermeer, titled A Maid Asleep:



Interior of the Oude Kerk, Delft, by Emanual de Witte:



When you zoom in, you see that old Emanual had a sense of humor:



A somewhat dark (in tone) painting that also had me transfixed, Dead Christ Supported by Angels by Francesco Trevisani:



And that barely scratches the surface of what one can enjoy at The Met!

More from The Met at my main website.

No comments: