Thursday, March 16, 2017

Steve Allen and The Autopia



MORE from Steve Allen's December 1957 very public visit to Disneyland. These are all from his spin around the Autopia track. Looks like Steve had the special privilege of driving the police car! It'd be cool to bring that one back. Here's the accompanying publicity blurb:

"Steve Allen gets some advice from son David, seven, as they prepare to drive Autopia's freeway during a recent trip to Disneyland. Steve's other sons, Steve Jr., 13; and Brian, 11, accompanied their father also.





A closeup of the cast member; I will bet that whistle got a lot of use throughout the day.



Drive on over to my main website for more Disneyland Autopia photos.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a stylish looking Autopia costume like that in the fourth photo. Love these early Autopia images. Thanks, Dave.

Anonymous said...

That police car is great, reminds me of the Roger Rabbit cars.

Thank you, Dave.

JG